Skin Exfoliation – All You Need to Know About Sugar Body Scrub and Body Butter
Skin exfoliation is a process that has been in existence for over a thousand years. Removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin by scrubbing it off is a traditional skin cleansing process that comes with a multitude of options to do so. While few prefer to do it the old school way, where they use abrasive particles or beads to scrub off the skin, better alternatives have made the process much more seamless and less “labor-y”.
Sugar body scrubs and body butters are two types of skin exfoliation techniques, that provide their own merits to enhance your body health and give your skin that extra shine. Let’s take a closer look at how to use these techniques to attain that glow you’ve been looking for.
Sugar Body Scrubs
Sugar body scrubs make for exemplary abrasive ingredients in scrubs. Being natural humectants allows them to retain moisture and ensure that the skin remains hydrated during the entire scrubbing process. This makes sugar body scrubs an ideal choice for people with sensitive or delicate skin, as the solution melts away upon contact with water, which helps the Glycolic Acid, or more commonly known as AHA, to spread across the skin fluently. AHAs are extremely helpful in breaking down the dead skin cells to boost the cell turnover, which further assists with getting rid of flaky skin.
Bryan and Candy’s sugar body scrubs come equipped with oatmeal extracts, natural sugar, and honey, which unblock pores and have antibacterial properties. Moreover, organic extracts from fruits help in providing natural exfoliation, and essential oils help in keeping the skin fresh and giving it an uplifting scent.
How to Use Sugar Body Scrubs?
Here’s a step by step guide on using Bryan & Candy’s sugar body scrub:
- Wet your skin with lukewarm water, which can open up your pores and soften your skin. The preferred go-to would be to soak yourself in a tub, but you can also stand beneath a shower for 2-4 minutes.
- Scoop out a little bit of Bryan & Candy sugar body scrub, and apply & rub over your skin gently
- Massage the body scrub over your skin gently using a circular motion. This helps in circulation and stimulation of blood, and sloughing off the dead skin, at once.
- Continue step 3 for a minimum of 4-5 minutes
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water without applying any other chemicals (soap, shower gel, etc) on your body. Just rinse till the body scrub washes away.
- For drying off, gently pat your skin with a clean towel, and don’t rub it over the skin.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week for attaining the skin glow.
Natural body butter is, perhaps, one of the most universally beloved natural moisturizers. These are denser, richer, and thicker than the general body creams, and are a suitable option for all types of skin, especially dry and sensitive skin. These contain essential oils from almond, shea butter and natural butter from cocoa, and rich minerals from natural extracts taken from cocoa, green tea, orange, etc.
Also, thanks to its moisturizing factor, body butter is an ideal skin hydrating tool, which softens the skin and makes the skin exfoliation process easy. Bryan & Candy offers natural body butter suitable for all types of skins and works wonders as an moisturizer.
How to Use Body Butter?
Here’s a step by step process of properly using body butter for a seamless skin exfoliation process:
- Apply a dollop of the Bryan & Candy body butter over your skin, and rub it gently over the skin.
- Keep rubbing the body butter in broad strokes, firmly, until the butter is properly absorbed by the skin. It usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Pay special attention to areas such as feet, palms, knees, and elbows. It is advised to apply a second layer over these areas and repeat steps 1 & 2 again and let the butter sink in through the pores to nourish your skin deeply.
Why You Should be Using Sugar Body Scrub and Body Butter on Your Skin?
There are many advantages that come with the use of sugar body scrubs and body butter. For instance, these both have skin hydrating properties, which is a very helpful factor in ensuring you’re not just scraping dead skin off your body. Moreover, the essential oils help a lot in ensuring that the skin remains smooth and well scented after the application.
Traditional methods and chemical products for skin exfoliation, while effective to a degree, can often prove harmful to people with sensitive skin. Sugar body scrubs and body butter have properties that make it convenient for people with any kind of skin. These can further assist you in battling blemishes, pores, pimples/acne, and even skin infections.
In the era where beauty products are available on a whim with just a couple days to get delivered, it is important that you choose the right products for your skin. Bryan & Candy’s dual kit for sugar body scrub + body butter is the perfect go-to option for anyone looking to get that annoying dead skin off their bodies. Consult your dermatologist to make sure that your skin is free of any issues, and introduce yourselves to a whole new world of soft, glowing, and flake-free skin!